Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Revelation 1:9 IBS


Thursday August 7th, 2014

Revelation 1:9 “I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ."

            As you can see, patience, endurance, perseverance, etc. is the happening of all these Inductive Bible Studies. Repetition is a tool God uses to get a point across to our tiny human brains and I am truly thankful for that. God is so good! He’s been continually breaking me, showing me things I need to work on and to focus on Him and not myself. I need to rely on Him for EVERYTHING; I can’t do anything in my own strength. Although, this has been the theme, I’m going to take this in another direction. Clearly in a way God is showing me today.

            This verse starts out with John saying he is a brother and companion. All of us here are brothers and sisters in Christ. We all go through trials and rough times, so we need to be here for each other. Proverbs 27:17 says, “As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.” God gets us through things and He helps us to persevere, but we can encourage each other to press on. We can lift each other up and pray together. Not only today, but tomorrow, the rest of our time here, on the field, and continuing on into my own life after the program with others at home. We gain our patience in resting in the Lord, so look to Him, but also remember that we can hold each other accountable for not resting in Him. Just having each other’s back and reminding each other to persevere and to pray for God’s strength is a blessing.

            Application: In knowing that I need to place my rest in the Lord, I will continue praying for that and His strength. But, to be there for my fellow brothers and sisters, I will ask for prayer requests from all throughout the rest of week and encourage them. Of course I can’t accomplish this without prayer for the Holy Spirit to come upon myself and for the Lord to give me perseverance.

No comments:

Post a Comment