Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Colossians 1:11 IBS


Wednesday August 6th, 2014

Colossians 1:11 “strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy;”

            Funny how the theme for this week ties in with the theme from last week, which was wisdom. Verses 9-10 of this chapter say, “For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;” and then it goes into verse 11.

One of the verses from our “wisdom” week was Psalm 90:12 “So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.” In knowing my days are numbered here and I have an excellent future ahead of me in heaven, is having wisdom; not living for the world, but living for God. Although my days are numbered, I still have to live here on earth for as long as God has me here for and in that I have to persevere. Patience and longsuffering may be required for that. My life is indeed but a vapor, but I can still go through longsuffering. God may ask me to wait for something, I may never know until I get to heaven, but it’s the fact that I’m going to heaven is the joy in it.

In knowing that I will be longsuffering here on earth, I have to remember to lean on Him. He will give me the strength when I am weak or when feel like I can’t keep going. Exodus 15:2 says, “The Lord is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation; He is my God, and I will praise Him; my father’s God, and I will exalt Him.” He strengthens me and lifts me up. Isaiah 40:31 states, “But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.” This is a pretty well-known verse, but it’s such a good reminder to place my trust in the Lord; He will help me to keep going and persevere.

Application: To remember to place my trust in Him, that He is my strength, and He will help me to persevere, I will draw wings on my hand with “Isaiah 40:31” written in between the wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment