Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Philippians 2:4 IBS


Tuesday August 26th, 2014

Philippians 2:4 “Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.”

            Well my application from yesterday being to look out for ways I can help other people, it might be a little difficult to come up with something new, but God always shines through. And this entire week is one verse after another for a reason, so it’s okay. Let’s take a look at the first part of this verse. Looking out for our own interests. Well some might say that’s contradicting because we are supposed to die to ourselves right, and not even think of ourselves? Well true, but God’s word doesn’t contradict itself. Here I see looking out for your interests in the Lord and seeking out your personal relationship with Him. In order for us to even begin to help others and shine God’s light we have to first make sure our relationship with Him is in line. If our heart is not in the right place with the Lord, then things will be catastrophic. But to even suggest helping others without having your relationship right with the Lord first, leads into you doing it all for the wrong reasons, which is generally to have personal gain. Which then causes problems and we are not giving the glory to where it should be given, the Lord.

            So obviously, we are to look out for others’ interests and help each other, but first you have to seek the Lord. For me God has definitely grown me since being here and I know my heart is sought out for God, but in order for me to be of service to others I need to daily be in prayer that I will be in line with Him. I need to ask for a fresh outpouring of the Holy Spirit, not only daily, but several times throughout each day so He can lead me and guide me to do the works I need to be doing.

            Application: In order to stay in line with God I will constantly be asking for a fresh breath from the Holy Spirit throughout the day, still look out for my teammates and others’ if they are in need, and write “be in line with Him” on my hand/arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment