Sunday, August 17, 2014

Philippians 4:11 IBS


Thursday August 14th, 2014

Philippians 4:11 “Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content.”

            I used this verse as a reference for the Luke 3:14 IBS this week, I keep referencing the verses we are supposed to actually do. I guess it makes sense though because they all link together…This is such an awesome verse and something that should be an anthem for life. The initial thought most people have is to be content between riches and rags or being full or hungry. These are pretty severe and learning contentment in both is important. But what I see in this is through the tough times and through the marvelous times.

            I need to find joy in every situation, whether it be in a trial during the storm…”Keep my eyes above the waves”…or when I’m on top of Mount Everest. Part of my testimony is a good reminder for this. After my family lost our house and my parents split I had a difficult time. But God pulled me through, He showed me to keep my eyes on Him and to not worry because it will get better; to be content with where I was at. Romans 8:28 says, “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.” Like what I said in my last post, God knows and that is a gift. He knows what will come out of the trials, so resting in Him is important. Be content in the here and now, no matter what your situation is. I want to be able to praise the Lord for the storm. I know it can be hard in the midst of it all, but that’s where prayer and continually seeking after the Lord comes in.

When I’m on a mountain it’s easier to praise God for the blessings and what not…or at least I would like to think. I know that contentment can sometimes be difficult in that though. Being the greedy human being I am, I always seem to want more instead of being satisfied with where I am. I need to rejoice in what I’ve been given. Who I am to not celebrate when everything is fine and dandy, how selfish and inconceivable of me. The whole point is to be joyful and thankful through anything! God blesses me through the pain and happiness. Like my tattoo says, God is greater than the ups and downs!

Application: To remember to be content in every situation I will write be content on my hand, because my tattoo is a permanent reminder. J

No comments:

Post a Comment