Sunday, August 17, 2014

Psalm 17:15 IBS


Friday August 15th, 2014

Psalm 17:15 “As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness.”

            Righteousness can mean a number of things: virtue, morality, justice, honesty, decency, glory…and blameless. Only Jesus can bring all of those things in a perfect way. So, “I will see Your face in righteousness”. What can that mean exactly? That I will literally see the face of the Lord? Well maybe God can use people and things to show Himself, but I won’t fully see Him until I enter the pearly gate. What I see in this is that when I am continually seeking after the Lord, I will see Him everywhere. I will probably see Him more clearly in His nature, to me that shows His glory and power. Take a flower for instances, it grows out of the ground, produces a pretty smell, has layers of petals with loads of details just on one petal, has pollen that bumble bees somehow transfer from place to place, and is just a stunning creation. I can just see Him everywhere, especially when I consistently seek after Him.

            The question here is, am I satisfied with only Him? If God were to take away everything, from the material items to even my family would I be satisfied with Him only? That’s some deep stuff man. Luke 14:26 says, “If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, even his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.” The first question most people have is hate? That can’t be right the Bible says you are supposed to love your father and mother. Well yes you are, but the love you are supposed to have for the Lord is divine and so much more, natural love will come across as hate. So yes love both your family and the Lord, but love the Lord more, way more.

            Application: To make sure all of my contentment is in the Lord and nothing else, because other things will only satisfy me for a limited time and people will always let me down, I will write out all the things I’m putting before God, pray over it, and give it to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment