Saturday, August 2, 2014

James 1:5 IBS


Friday August 1st, 2014

James 1:5 “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.”

                God is almighty; powerful. We can ask Him anything and it will be given to us. Philippians 4:6 says, “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.” Of course if I pray and ask for a Ferrari that is probably not going to happen, but if I ask anything according to HIS WILL, then He can provide. He knows my desires, but everything has to be according to what His plan is. I know this is kind of off topic of wisdom, but this was my initial thought. Be sure to pray for your desires, but remember that it may or may not be all part of His plan. We don’t want to be disappointed when He shows us something else. For instance, with this time here at IGNITE I don’t want to get too attached to a certain country. I don’t know what God has in store and I want to be so excited when they announce where I will be going, it’s all a part of His plan anyways! If it’s His will, it had better be my will, because my way will never work.

God gives liberally, or in simpler terms, freely and without reproach or in simpler terms, without blame. Although we are all sinners and don’t deserve anything, He still gives to us, all we have to do is ask. When it comes to wisdom as well, just ask for it. I’ve been discovering throughout this whole week that it’s that simple. Wisdom in the Lord is really important, it can help us discern things, of course with the Holy Spirit as well. I just need to pray for it and seek it in His word. I have to believe full-heartedly that the Lord can allow me to receive His wisdom. If I don’t believe and have faith in Him then praying for wisdom is just an empty prayer.

It’s really great how everything ties in together in God’s word. He clearly wants us, me to learn something. Last week our theme was faith and I think it takes a lot of faith in the Lord to ask for wisdom. We don’t just randomly receive wisdom, we have to faithfully pray for the Lord to give it to us. All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie dust…just kidding. All you need is faith, trust, and prayer, the Lord will provide the rest.

Application: In all of this, I will write faith, trust, and prayer on my hand/arm to remember that is what it takes to receive wisdom from the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Brittani. Love the pixie dust. That is so you...made me laugh and miss you more.

    ReplyDelete