Sunday, September 14, 2014

Psalm 133:1-3 IBS


Friday September 12, 2014

Psalm 133:1-3 “Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious oil upon the head, running down on the bread, the bread of Aaron, running down on the edge of his garments. It is like the dew of Hermon, Descending upon the mountains of Zion; for there the Lord commanded the blessing-life forevermore.”

            Hah what? When I read this it’s like a bunch of words that don’t really fit for describing things for today and my generation, but I think that’s good. If it were in simpler terms it wouldn’t sound right. But what I think it is saying is what a gift it is to have fellowship and for fellow believers to dwell together in unity. Verses two and three seem to speak of how sweet it is to have that unity; they revolve around verse one.

            We are all going to be together one day in heaven, why not start the whole unity thing now? It is important especially on earth, because we are going to face battles against the enemy and it helps to run the race together, knowing that the Lord will provide. For me, I love doing group activities and having “teammates” or just being around other people. But…sometimes it’s for the wrong reasons, sometimes it’s because I don’t want to feel alone. And I know that is silly because I am NEVER alone, because God is with me always! I think that is something I need to work on, is going into the group setting, whether it be here or back at home at church, with the sense of growing together in unity in the Lord, not because I “feel alone” or “left out”.

            Growing together in unity “is like the precious oil upon the head”. It is not finding a sake of feeling welcomed in a group. It is to get to know others that are running the same race and to be able to pray for each other, encourage each other, exhort each other, hold each other accountable, and so on…glorifying the Lord. Of course I know that fellowship is for those purposes, but like I said I sometimes get that mindset of “I can’t be alone” and I pray for that to go away. So one, I can grow separately with the Lord more and two, so I can grow with my fellow believers together in the Lord.

            Application: In order to accomplish this I will set more time aside for me and the Lord and when I go to join the group I will make sure it’s not because I feel “left out” or whatever, but because I want to grow with them more in the Lord. By prayer I know this will be accomplished, but as a reminder for that I will write “grow” on my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment