Saturday, September 6, 2014

Luke 17:7 IBS


Monday September 1st, 2014

Luke 17:7 “And which of you, having a servant plowing or tending sheep, will say to him when he has come in from the field, ‘Come at once and sit down to eat?’”

            I personally don’t have a servant…or translated to these days would be like a maid, butler, gardener, etc., but I can see how this can be taken differently. Here the person calls in their servant from a day’s work and asks them to come and eat…at once. The “at once” is kind of a command, but to me the master seems to really care for his servant, it matters to him that his servant gets well rested and fed. What a good example to be like. To me this is an example of allowing others to go before yourself. Regardless of the master being “higher up” than his servant, he let him eat first. A reminder with that, is God sees us all as His children, we are all the clay. There is no poor clay, no rich clay, no educated clay, or uneducated clay. No white clay, no black clay, no Hispanic clay, no Asian clay, etc. –From the words of Pastor Mike. We are all clay in God’s eyes and we matter.

            But what I’m getting from this is that I need to put others before me, which is something that we’ve been learning a lot here. Of course that is about being a servant myself, putting others before me. I want to be more of a servant and make sure the family around me is cared for and helped. I want to put their needs before mine and encourage them, all through the Lord.

Application: So in light of all of this, today, I will go last in line to get food (even after the guys), for each meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment