Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Acts 2:42 IBS


September 8, 2014

Acts 2:42 “And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.”

            Fellowship, breaking of bread (or in this day pizza or tacos), and sharing His word together. How wonderful, especially in this context 3,000 souls were added and they all broke bread together. A synonym for fellowship is friendliness, which obviously is very important when you are talking together and sharing what God has done in your life or hearing the word of God together. Although, I’m not really sure how you can’t not be friendly, because Jesus is the focus of all the conversations.

            I feel like here it has been hard for me to fellowship sometimes. Homework is definitely a priority, but growing with the people and relationships built here is important too. Something I know I need to work on is just balancing my time so I can get homework done and fellowship as well. Also a struggle I have is being able to start up a conversation. I’m not necessarily an introvert, but I’m not the best at starting a conversation either and I tend to feel awkward, especially if I can’t think of anything to say. And it’s even worse when I am trying to talk to an introvert, because they definitely don’t start up the conversation. Which is not a bad thing, I just need to make it a point for myself to be the one the step outside the box and think of creative things to talk about that glorify the Lord. By doing this I can make it more of a comfortable atmosphere for everyone and no one has to feel awkward. This all sounds like something you would say at the beginning of events upon getting to know everyone, but we are on the ninth week now and most of us know each by this point. I would like to say I can comfortably talk with everyone here, it’s a matter of getting that conversation started…

            Application: In order for me to step out of my comfort zone, my little bubble and spark up some conversation, I will talk to people I don’t normally talk to and try and sit by them during meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment