Wednesday, September 24, 2014

1 Corinthians 9:22-23 IBS


Monday September 22nd, 2014

1 Corinthians 9:22-23 “to the weak I become as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. Now this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.”

            This seems like a pretty self-explanatory verse. Become like the people you are sharing the gospel with so they could possibly be saved. Of course it’s not a matter of committing their sin they are in, but presenting yourself in a way so they can relate to you. For me, I think that would have a lot to do with different cultures and what they have. I get really set on the patterns of how I live and how I get ready and where I put things, that when they change I freak out a little bit. I know I’ve written on this when we changed rooms for the first time, but I see this in a different picture for this particular IBS. But something God has been showing me, is that if I am in His will I will never be “comfortable”. He will be changing things all the time, especially since I’m not the one too keen on change with certain things. But something I’ve realized is that if I indeed am in His will, I will be comfortable, but in a different sense of I’m doing what the Lord has called me to do. There is something I constantly need to be working on and allowing God to work in me, every day is a new day and He always has something new in store, it’s a matter of me seeing it.

            But with that, when I go to Cambodia, I need to be prepared to live like they do and do things the way they do. I need to keep in mind that the American way is not the only way to do things. There are many different patterns of living and I need to not be stuck in just one. I know we’ll be traveling quite a bit when we get there with five different kid’s clubs in five different villages, so that will be different and a shock to me at first, but what a blessing it is that there are five different kid’s clubs and that the Lord is allowing me to go there and pour out His love! Now that is incredible! I don’t need to worry about the way I’m living, because God is with me and He always provides. Be at their level, so they might understand and come to know the Lord.

            Application: It’s okay to be uncomfortable for the Lord! J So when I am packing for the six months I will really pray about what to bring. Of course I’m going to still be myself and bring things that I can feel like myself, but it’s really for the extra things that aren’t so necessary and prayer over that will definitely be important.

No comments:

Post a Comment