Sunday, September 14, 2014

Acts 2:46-47 IBS


Thursday September 11th, 2014

Acts 2:46-47 “So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.”

            They ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart…together. I really love this. God’s people dwelling together, eating food, and fellowshipping. They were probably praying together so much and just talking about what God has done. That’s like what we do here, every single day and it’s such a blessing. We get three meals a day and are able to get seconds most of the time. We all pray together throughout the entire day for various things that God places on each of our hearts. We have 40 other people to go to if we need prayer. This is just one big, happy family here and it is such a blessing!

            Every time we come together for a meal I can’t help but look around and think, “God is awesome”! I get to talk and pray with all these people and get all this food daily. I don’t think twice about it sometimes…I really am privileged to have all of that, I don’t deserve it, yet God blesses me with it! I know I’ve kind of repeated myself a lot, but it’s true. Most other people around the world go to bed hungry every night and don’t even have a bed to go to sleep in. How unfortunate that I don’t even think twice about the fact that I am so blessed…it saddens me that most of the world doesn’t have the same comforts as I do. But that’s part of my role here, to show other people Jesus and to bless them. The second half of verse 47 says, “And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.” The Lord is the key part in that, He uses me, all of us to work together as His vessels, but it’s always a good reminder that it is His works and not my own!

            Application: To remember how much God has blessed me, I will write I am blessed on my hand and every time I see it throughout the day, I will pray in thanksgiving for those things and also lift up those in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment