Saturday, September 20, 2014

Philippians 3:11 IBS


September 18th, 2014

Philippians 3:11 “if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.”

            Live like there’s no tomorrow is my first thought with this and is something so cliché, but it is true. Each day holds something new and the Lord only gives me strength for that day. He has just been showing me that things are a daily task. Psalm 119:105 says, “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” I’ve always had this picture to help me grasp what it means, of a literal oil lamp in darkness and the light only shines one step ahead of you and there is only enough oil for that day. I know I’ve mentioned this verse before at some point during the previous months, but I don’t think I’ve ever fully grasped that until coming here and right at this point. Of course it speaks of relying on God and His strength, but it is so crucial, especially when it comes to this verse of Philippians 3:11. This verse to me speaks of daily sacrifice, daily emptying of self, daily asking for a fresh outpouring of the Holy Spirit, daily, daily, daily.

            Just like I talked about yesterday, all to Him I owe. With this verse I need to have the desire to reach Christ’s resurrection. Of course, that is something I can NEVER achieve, but it’s a daily, that word yet again, picking up of my cross and serving Him. I need to run the race with ALL I have, with endurance, just like and Olympic athlete would to get the gold. They keep going and going and going, as the energizer bunny would for something that they can’t even take with them when they die. I have to keep going and going and going for the Lord and doing as He commanded in Matthew 28, “to make disciples of all the nations”. That sounds exhausting, huh? But not with the Lord, by His means and His asset and His glory will this be accomplished. My finger is pointed to Him.

            Application: I can’t help but going back to “all to Him I owe”, but that being my application for yesterday, I think I will focus on the daily part and write “daily” on my hand to remind myself that sacrifice is a daily task.

No comments:

Post a Comment