Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Acts 2:43-44 IBS


Tuesday September 9th, 2014

Acts 2:43-44 “Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles. Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common.”

            Upon the new believers’ fellowshipping and telling each other what God was doing in their hearts in that moment, I would assume, they had fear…fear of the Lord. Now, I know I’ve talked about this before, it’s not literal trembling, but in knowing how powerful He is. They came to the understanding that God is so gracious and just and worthy of praise. With that God spoke through the apostles, revealing Himself even more so to the people. And having that, they had everything in common, Jesus.

            What a beautiful thing, having our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ in common! Something that keeps coming up in my mind right now is how I almost jumped into a relationship with a guy that I knew it wouldn’t work out with. This guy knew who God is, but he really knew virtually nothing about God, or had that relationship with Him. My problem was my fleshly desire wanting to have a boyfriend. I let that blind me into thinking it was okay, but deep down in my heart I knew it wasn’t okay at all. Praise the Lord that He watches over us! The few times that something like that has cropped up, a wall was in place so no relationship would be formed, it would just be a couple of dates and that’s it. All of those walls would be from the Lord, He was protecting me from becoming unequally yoked. I am just so blessed by that and I have also learned from the situation. I just am so happy that we have a wonderful and loving God! And what a refresher it is knowing that my Father has a godly man in place for my life and that I have so many brothers and sisters in Christ that I can have all things in common with.

            Application: At first I couldn’t really think of an application, but I will make it a point to pray for that guy that came across my path, because everything happens for a reason. Maybe I was placed in his life to be a light and for the Lord to use me in that way, only God knows. And it was definitely a lesson learned for me. I will also pray for my future husband, whoever he may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment