Saturday, September 6, 2014

Luke 17:10 IBS


Thursday September 4, 2014

Luke 17:10 “So likewise you, when you have done all those things which you are commanded, say, ‘we are unprofitable servants, we have done what was our duty to do so.’”

            Say you have a business, if you had no profit, you would essentially not have that business. Well when it comes to servant hood, you shouldn’t expect any profit. Being a servant, you do what is to be done in love and because you want to, not because you want to gain some sort of reward. Being a servant is helping others and showing them the love of Jesus Christ, you shouldn’t need, let alone deserve some recognition.

            That hits home. You see that, that’s me shoving my face in the dirt for how prideful I am. Even now, I had the thought of, “that line was kind of funny, I hope people notice it.” It’s disgusting and we know that pride is the root for all sin. Sometimes when I go to serve, I do it just to be noticed by others, to receive that thank you for the hard work I’ve done. *Screech* that’s my first problem there…”I’ve”. First of all, I didn’t even do the work, I’m just the vessel God is using. So that should just stop there, I don’t deserve a thank you for the work that I didn’t even do.

            Before I came here, I thought my relationship with the Lord was prime. I sadly thought that I was top of the line. Sometimes within my family I would think I have the authority to basically say something like, “you need to go to church and your relationship with Jesus is not good.” But regardless of them being my family, I don’t know their hearts, God does. I can surely observe things, pray, and be a light, giving all glory to God, but that’s it. I needed to check my own heart. I wasn’t seeking Him daily, I wasn’t pursuing Him with all that I’ve got. I was too busy looking around at everyone else and seeing what was wrong with their relationship and not checking my own first. Upon being here, God has been filling me up to where I’m over pouring. He’s been breaking me and peeling back layers of scum; He’s been emptying out my pot. I know I have so much more to work on as well. It breaks my heart that I even thought that way within my family and it breaks my heart to see their hearts hardened. But I know now I need to completely surrender them and that burden to the Lord. That’s something that I’ve had to learn over and over again, but this time I fully understand. God will work in their lives, He is with them always, and I can just be praying for them.

            Application: To fully surrender things to the Lord I will write everything that is holding me back from growing more and more with Him on a piece of paper and take it to the cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment