Saturday, September 20, 2014

Philippians 3:9 IBS


Tuesday September 16th, 2014

Philippians 3:9 “and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith”

            Being found in Him is like becoming a new man or woman. Ephesians 4:22-24 says, “that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.” My identity is in Christ and I receive morality from Him.

            Here I’ve been learning to DAILY empty myself. When I came to the Lord, I was made new, but I’ve learned that that is something I have to do every single day. I get so caught up in my ways and what I want that I get blinded by the fact that it isn’t even really my life, it’s the Lord’s. This past week, we had to write down things that are holding us back from running the full race the Lord has for us and burn it, giving it to Him. Previously I wrote down a whole list of things and gave it to the Lord on my own. One of those things was my family, God showed me that I wasn’t trusting Him. I am not the one that saves them from turmoil and hardened hearts, He is, He is the one to soften their hearts, and He is just as much with them right now as He is with me, He is omnipresent. But this past time was the last thing I didn’t fully surrender. And that was my dad…I was still unforgiving and bitter and that was hindering me from moving forward. God loves my dad just as much as He loves me, so I need to love my dad with that kind of love, the love that isn’t conditional. I know it will take time, but it’s with continually renewing myself and seeking God’s face, that it will happen.

            I’ve come to the fact that my life isn’t my own (like I said in the paragraph above). Being found in Him takes a daily emptying of self and renewing myself in Him. Then, and only then will I have God’s righteousness with faith. If I don’t daily renew and refresh myself in Him, I will walk in my own righteousness, which is of the flesh.

            Application: These temporary tattoos are getting kind of old (haha), but to remember that being found in Him takes a daily of denying of self, I will write “renew and refresh” on my hand. I will also pray that God allows me to have the love that He has for not only my dad, but for others, and to see others the way He does.

No comments:

Post a Comment