Saturday, September 20, 2014

Philippins 3:10 IBS


Wednesday September 17th, 2014

Philippians 3:10 “that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death”

            Being conformed to His death is like following Him to His death. Which in a way is true. Jesus died on the cross and took all of my sins with Him. But the beauty of it all is His resurrection. If there was no resurrection, then I wouldn’t be washed clean. Something that I talked about yesterday was how I had to give up things that were holding me back and surrender them to the Lord. All of these IBS’s tie in together because it is one verse after another and the theme is sacrifice, but I gave those to the Lord so that I can know Him better.

            I don’t think I ever really understood the Lord’s grace until coming here. A few weeks ago one person on our team could’ve gone home and not one of us stood up to take that place, that sacrifice for the rest of our team. I know I was running through scenarios in my head of how I would explain things to my church and family and friends back home, but the fact of the matter is, I didn’t move…I was frozen in my seat. Then we were shown grace and no one got sent home. Praise the Lord, because our team would not have been the same without one person! On top of that, the couple that is going to be house “parents” in Uganda said they would go home so all of us can continue on. The whole thing was an example of Jesus. Jesus sacrificed Himself for me, for us, and I couldn’t even stand up to sacrifice my spot for my teammates. It was such a humbling experience and opened my eyes to God’s true grace!

            Although I had to experience that to see His grace, it’s something that I can’t turn to all the time. I said yesterday, that emptying of self is a daily thing. And so is remembering God’s grace and true power in Jesus’ resurrection. I need to ask God daily for that reminder and be able to make sacrifices. I need to ask for an increase in my faith. I know I can NEVER make a sacrifice as big as my Savior’s, but I want to give things up for the Lord, I want Him to just have all of me, because nothing is my own.

            Application: As a reminder that this is a daily task, I will write, “All to Him I owe” on a paper and put it by my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment