Saturday, September 20, 2014

Philippians 3:12-13 IBS


Friday September 19th, 2014

Philippians 3:12-13 “Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead”

            Kind of referencing what I talked about yesterday is that I need to daily sacrifice things for my King and I need to daily deny myself. I need to daily seek Christ. Each day is new and each day holds new tasks He has in store. Paul is writing this in prison, for crying out loud, how hard is it to fully be grasped? But the encouraging thing is his faith in the Lord and remembering that He is sovereign. I really like verse 13 and him talking about “forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead”. I need to have an eternal perspective as well as live in the here and now. I don’t need to dwell of things of the past, but know that God has my life in His hands and He has my future. Jeremiah 29:11 says, “’For I know the thoughts that I think toward you’, says that Lord, ‘thoughts of peace and not evil, to give you a future and a hope.” How encouraging! But with this I also can’t be constantly thinking of the future, otherwise I will miss opportunities the Lord has for me today. But knowing that God has a hope for my future is encouraging. I also think with this is that one day I get to dwell in heaven with Him! That’s the whole point of having an eternal perspective. I get to one day dwell with Him and I need to tell people about Him so they can too!

            Application: To remember to have that eternal perspective and that I need to reach lost souls and allow God to work through me, I will write “all nations” to paradise on a paper to put on my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment