Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Week 8 IBS jeremiah 44:3


Wednesday December 3rd, 2014

Jeremiah 44: 3 “because of their wickedness which they have committed to provoke Me to anger, in that they went to burn incense and to serve other gods whom they did not know, they nor you, nor your fathers.”

            After an uncomfortable night, restless sleep, and waking up this morning with a sore throat, I thought to myself, “I can’t let this effect my attitude for the day.” So I marched on down to the handmade gazebo above the pond and just prayed…for a long time…for everything. I was overwhelmed with the joy of the Lord. There is nothing that can get me down, I am beyond blessed, I am alive, I am living in Cambodia, and I get to serve the Lord. I opened my Bible to Jeremiah chapter 44 and began reading. The whole chapter speaks of burning incense and serving other gods, false gods. The people would not listen to the word from the Lord told through Jeremiah and kept with the false gods. Not sure what the Lord was trying to telling me, I looked up at the beautiful scenery around me and realized the Buddhists down the street. Sitting there just saddened by the worship to a false idol, I couldn’t help but think of Kim Thean. I wrote about her on November 12th. Praise report, she attended the youth cell group on Monday night a few weeks ago! She said she felt happy and I told her that was Jesus. Ever since though, she’s been holding back.

            Just sitting, thinking, praying, I just didn’t know what God was trying to say or tell me. I still am not so sure, I mean it’s only been a few hours, but I just don’t know. All I know is God is working. There is so much more than meets the eye and that I’m not aware of, but God is. I just need to trust. This book has shown me time and time again throughout these weeks of stepping out in faith, trusting the Lord, and obedience. So I may not know why this came up today, but I do know I need to humble myself, let God work, have faith and trust His will gets accomplished each day, and if He tells me to do something, to go and do it.

Application: Today, through prayer, I won’t let the joy of the Lord leave me. I will pray for humility to constantly come over me. I will trust in Him…always.

No comments:

Post a Comment