Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Week 7 IBS Jeremiah 32:27 & Romans 12:12


Monday November 24th, 2014

Jeremiah 32:27 “Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for Me?”

Romans 12:12 “rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;”

            Day after day, I went through the motions, ignoring thoughts of doubt that would creep into my mind, until it would come up and bring me to tears. I lost the trust. I lost the faith. I lost the hope. I had forgotten how big my God is. Calling and talking to my family is amazing, but it’s difficult to hear the same thing, knowing that there are hardened hearts and there is no desire for church again or allowing God to work. It saddens me to see them in this state, but I let go of hope for change, I let doubt come and rule over my mind. Pray for big things I was told which is something I know, but because I let doubt come, I forgot….

That evening, we were doing a girls study with the youth and the lady leading it was doing some verse from Romans 12. That’s all we were told, because the rest was in Khmer. Praying for the Holy Spirit to fill us and surpass the language barrier, I just read all of Romans 12 and verse 12 was like flashing lights. “Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer”. And that’s exactly it, that’s what I was missing, hope, patience, and prayer.

 A day later, Jeremiah 32:27 comes into my morning with the Lord. “Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for Me?” God was using His word to ask me, “Brittani, why are you putting Me in a box?” God is so much bigger than I can ever understand. He is my Creator, my King, Jesus is my Savior. How could I possibly let it grow so far that I would forget that? Well I wasn’t giving my family to Him, I was letting thoughts build instead of taking them captive, and I didn’t have hope. But God restored all to me. These reminders were exactly what I needed! God is so good!

Application: To be sure I don’t let this happen again, I must daily surrender my family to the Lord, as I’ve done in the past, but in order to not forget how big God is I will memorize these verses. And I will constantly remind myself “Lord, I trust in You”.

No comments:

Post a Comment