Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Jeremiah 20:9


Thursday November 13, 2014

Jeremiah 20:9 “Then I said, ‘I will not make mention of Him, not speak anymore in His name.’ But His word was in my heart like a burning fire shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, and I could not.”

            It’s 6:30am, probably the coolest point of the day. A nice breeze kisses my face as I rock back and forth in a hammock that sits under what would be a gazebo, above a mossy pond. The sun is rising behind me as I look out on the water and the surrounding trees while listening to worship music. Serenity at its finest. The lyrics that rang in my ears were, “Who am I, who am I without You? I’m the one that You reached out to. And faith had failed. Your brilliance held the sweetest truth. Nothing in this world compares to You.” All the while I open my Bible to Jeremiah chapter 20. Jeremiah has been experiencing persecution and with verse nine of this chapter, he is kind of done, but the Lord places His word on his heart and Jeremiah can’t help but let it out, he can’t hold back.

            Realizing the situation I’m in, God showed me that I cannot hold back. I will experience persecution and spiritual attacks, I will be uncomfortable in some cases, but God prevails. There is a work here that needs to be done and the Lord has place me here, at this time, for a reason. When I may feel I need to be done, that’s when I need to run faster. There is a passion and a desire in my heart for being here, I can’t hold back. The people of Cambodia need to hear the name of Jesus and know Him like I know Him. He’s already done a work in Kim Thean; He has a plan, not only for her, but for others and He has allowed me to be a part of it all. He has reached out to me and I am nothing without Him. He desires to use me, so I need to plunge into the unknown (what is only known by God), take heed, and run after what God has placed before me, not holding back one bit.

            Application: Do not hold back. Run with all you’ve got.

No comments:

Post a Comment