Saturday, October 18, 2014

Week One IBS- Ephesians 6:6-7


First Week-Field Time

Saturday October 18, 2014

Ephesians 6:6-7 “not with eye service, as men-pleasers, but as bondservants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart, with goodwill doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men,”

            Reading in Ephesians 6 today, I really loved this verse. It is something said quite often, but for a reason, it is so important. Every single thing I do is for the Lord; from playing with children, doing outreaches (which hasn’t begun yet here, in Cambodia), or buying bikes for our travels in Cambodia. All of it is for the Lord and is the work of the Lord. He is the Creator of the world, the King of all kings, the Lord of all lords, who sent His one and only Son to suffer and die for me…how can I not serve Him and do everything for Him?

            Unfortunately my flesh gets in the way from time to time, and I’m going to start off by saying it is really hot in Cambodia…that is a fact. I know I will have trouble with that at first, because at least right now I have the blessing of air conditioning, but complaining about it or not doing things with all I’ve got will get me nowhere. So with that, my prayer is to continue to die to self, because I have learned that is a daily task, and to continue to press on! If I don’t do things full heartedly, then what is the point? God has placed me here, at this time for a reason. I desire to build relationships with these people and these children and I don’t want something as small as the heat, which would in reality be my flesh, to get in the way of that. With God’s strength I can accomplish this and I’m excited to go into the village on Monday!

            Application: I need to do things with everything I’ve got and serve the Lord, so with that I will be sure to say a prayer every time I look down at my “Press On. Acts 20:24” bracelet.

No comments:

Post a Comment