Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Matthew 5:19 IBS


Thursday October 2, 2014

Matthew 5:19 “Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”

            So, knowing that I will break commandments because of my fallen nature, it’s kind of harsh to think of being considered “least”. But in a sense not really, I deserve Hell. But the beauty of it all is the grace of God and the blood of Jesus Christ. I can take it to Him and repent and ask for forgiveness and be washed clean. How incredible! But what I see that stands out to me is if you teach men do break commandments. That is for sure another story. To me that sounds intentional and that should definitely have the title of “least” in the kingdom of heaven. Now, I don’t consider myself to be teaching in that and be showing others to do wrong, but there is something that I thought of in a different way. I am a Christ follower and with that I should be reflecting Christ, so if I am not, then I am being a poor example. In a way I would be teaching others to do wrong. Of course sinful nature is in everyone, but by my example people can learn. Especially when I think about ministering to kids. They look up to me, to those older than them and if I am not being a light and reflecting Jesus, then they can learn that way and go in the wrong direction. Something I have learned here is everywhere I go is a mission field. I need to be showing Jesus and pouring out His love on everyone I come in contact with, especially in my home.

            I know at times I’ve been a poor example to my family members, by snapping at them or being sassy and whatnot and I’m so thankful I’ve learned so much so far that I can change that. Well that Jesus has changed me and can continue to change me if I am willing. I don’t want to teach others to break commandments by not acting Christ-like. I want to be the “little Christ” and do things with humility and love and point all the glory back to Him. I know I sin and fall short of the glory of God, but in repenting and giving it to Jesus I would be an example of what to do properly.

            Application: To be an example of Christ, I will praise Him, daily pick up my cross, and ask for a fresh outpouring of the Spirit so I can be of the Spirit and not of the flesh. I will look out for ways I can be a salt and a light during my week home. (I know a lot of these applications are similar, but that is what the Lord keeps showing me, so I need to make it happen when I am home).

No comments:

Post a Comment