Tuesday, October 7, 2014

1 Corinthians 9:26 IBS


Thursday September 25th, 2014

1 Corinthians 9:26 “Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air.”

            The first thing that I thought of upon reading this verse was stepping out in faith. Of course I need to run with endurance like I talked about the previous days, but running with uncertainty is another story. I need to know that I know, that I know that God is calling me to something. If I know that, then I will be running the right race. If I don’t know, I could be running away from my goal and soon off the track. Of course the ultimate goal is eternity, but I don’t need to work for that thanks to the Blood of Jesus Christ. Praise God. And how do I know what His will is for my life? Well by the Lord of course. I’ve been learning that everything is a one step at a time, daily task. And that seems pretty self-explanatory, but it is really serious.

Sometimes God calls us to be in a time of waiting, but are you doing anything during your wait? God has given me breath for this moment and if I am not taking each and every opportunity to glorify Him or bring others to Him, then what is the point? I like to think of the movie “God’s Not Dead” with this situation. Spoiler alert (in a way): The Pastor and his friend the entire time are trying to go to Disneyworld or something and they always run into situations with the car not starting, so they get stuck there. In the moment they don’t understand why, but all throughout the movie God specifically placed the Pastor at each place to help others and even bring someone to know Him. God had him in a time of waiting, but through that there was a reason and he took each opportunity that was before him to do God’s work.

That kind of leads me to the next point of not fighting as one who beats the air. Beating the air gets me absolutely nowhere. Whether I do know exactly where the Lord is taking me or if I am in a waiting period, if I am not aware of the opportunities the Lord has for me today, then I will just be standing there doing something as pointless as punching the air and not moving forward. The first act is stepping out in faith, which I see is a daily task. The next act is staying out in faith and making something of each day, pressing on to see the things the Lord has for me. Each day is a new one, do I want to be caught at a standstill, just simply punching the air, or do I want people to see Jesus shining through me in a new way. I don’t want to wake up tomorrow the same way as I did today.

Application: I will write “put on the Lord’s eyes” on my hand/arm so I can be reminded throughout the day to look for things God may have for me in certain opportunities and situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment