Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Week 24 IBS Joshua 4:7 & Acts 7:51 ~Forgotten~


March 25th, 2015

Joshua 4:7 “Then you shall answer them that the waters of the Jordan were cut off before the ark of the covenant of the Lord; when it crossed over the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan were cut off. And these stones shall be for a memorial to the children of Israel forever.”

Acts 7:51 “’You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you.”

            March 23rd, 2015, I felt burnt out and drained and I let it get to me. I got to the point of complaining about work that I needed to get done, such as finishing our last overview video to IBS. I felt like it was getting in the way of just being in Cambodia. That night, sitting with Kaylee on a bench in the courtyard, something she said was (is) so true… “Don’t let it become a routine.” Just watching some of the youth leave their evening English class and letting it sink in, that’s when the conviction came. The Lord brought to mind all the Scripture I have been reading from Exodus to Numbers. God brought the Israelites out of the land of Egypt, He saved them; He did so much for them. Yet, while going through the wilderness they complained about the manna, turned to worship a golden calf, and just straight up disobeyed God. They had forgotten… forgotten. They forgot what the Lord did for them and what He took them out of. And that’s when I realized, I had forgotten. Forgotten what this is really all about, God. I let drowsiness turn to sin and my perspective changed, becoming bitter. How could I? …IBS is one of the best things here, God always speaks so deeply and profoundly and I get to share it with you all. The video is completed as of yesterday and I love it; it says so much more than anyone will ever fully understand! And that’s just it, because it is all God. I get to share with the world the work God has allowed me and my teammates to do through Potter’s Field Ministries! I get to do all these things.

            So through surrendering that to the Lord and thanking Him for that conviction, the next morning (yesterday), I read these passages in Joshua 4 and Acts 7. Taking the stones as “a memorial to the children of Israel forever.” God just helped the waters of the Jordan cease so they could cross over to get to Jericho. He told them to take the stones as a memorial. Then reading Acts 7, Stephan was recalling things from Abraham to Solomon and then got to verse 51, “’You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you.” He was telling them they forgot…forgot. I couldn’t describe what was going through my mind reading these the morning after God brought that conviction, it was so cool. Their hearts were hardened even more and they stoned Stephan. So through this God showed me to not forget and to have a proper perspective, eyes set on Him. And because of His love and grace, He brings that conviction and reminds us. How incredible is my Lord to remind me, even when I forget? And God asked me, “Brittani, are you going to let your heart harden even more and have the wrong perspective or are you going to change your perspective and do something about it? …Do something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment