Friday, March 6, 2015

Week 21 IBS - 1 Timothy 1:14-17


March 7th, 2015

1 Timothy 1:14-17 “And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief. However for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.”

            The evening Salt and Light school we get to assist in teaching English to the village children, is now having the teachers do a short Bible lesson once a week with their students. It is a really neat opportunity for all the teachers who are Christian to share God’s light with the community of Khrang Thnong. All of the teachers are Christian, except for one. I have mentioned her before, but I have not ceased to pray for her. Yesterday, I was given the opportunity to share with the students from the word of God. At first I was going to read from John chapter 10 verses 27-30 “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of my hand. My Father who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. I and My Father are one.’” But as I prayed more, God lead me to 1 Timothy 1:14-17. I was just crying out to God, desiring to not only have words from Him to speak to the children, but to speak to this wonderful teacher as well. I really wanted to be pointing to Jesus and the cross. When it came time for classes to start, I prayed and then I began to share. It was hard to tell things because of two different languages and translation, so I was slightly discouraged at the end. But after I closed in prayer and sat down watching the kids prepare to take a test, I realized what had just happened doesn’t return void. A Buddhist girl was holding the TRUE Word of God in her hands, His Word was shared, and now it’s in the Lord’s hands and I trust Him. Yesterday was a difficult day because it was the exact mark for one month left here in Cambodia, but in that moment the Lord showed me to press in even deeper. Yes, leaving is going to be hard…probably one of the hardest things I will ever do, but that moment of sharing His word was what God gave me for that day. I want to take what He’s given me today and sprint, go so deep, pour out EVERYTHING the Lord has poured into me, so that all that people are left with is Him…because what it all comes down to is the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment