Friday, March 20, 2015

Week 23 IBS Deuteronomy 26:11, 27:9 & Acts 1:8


March 21st, 2015

Deuteronomy 26:11 “So you shall rejoice in every good thing which the Lord your God has given to you and your house, you and the Levite and the stranger who is among you.”

Deuteronomy 27:9 “Then Moses and the priest, the Levites, spoke to all Israel, saying, ‘Take heed and listen, O Israel: This day you have become the people of the Lord your God.”

Acts 1:8 “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all of Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.’”

            Rejoice. Joy is a topic that I’ve always loved, especially because it’s only God that can bring the true joy. It’s just a matter of always looking to Him and honoring Him in all that you do. Lately it’s been hard to keep the joy, because I have been dwelling so much on emotions of leaving, seeing my class and so many pastors, and soon after that, my family. It’s bittersweet. But that’s where I was in the wrong, emotion…Running this life on emotion will burn you out. And I’ve come to realize that I lost my sight of Him and through that I’ve lost the joy. Every day it’s a surrender of those emotions, because I know that God is bigger and He’s faithful, and it’s all ultimately Him.

            Take heed and listen. That is crucial in your walk with God. God speaks always; He answers, whether it be “yes”, “no”, or “wait. It’s a matter of paying attention, taking note, and having a listening ear. He has the answers, look to Him. Trust Him. Once laying down those emotions, it makes it clearer to see His face and keep your eyes focused on Him. And that is a beautiful thing.

            He has the answers. Verse 7 of Acts chapter 1 says, “And He said to them, ‘It is not for you to know the times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority.” We don’t need to know everything. God does, so why worry? He’s in control. He has given us His Holy Spirit to be our guide as verse 8 says and we are to be His witnesses everywhere we go. That’s what I’ve been given and my job is to serve Him.

            Rejoice. Take heed. Listen. He has the answers. Trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment