Sunday, March 1, 2015

Broken Khmer


My heart literally melted…Yesterday after church, I found Nhel and Srey Leam just sitting in the tuk tuk parked below our balcony, so I went over to talk to them…well talk to them as best as I could with broken Khmer. As the conversation went on, they asked me when I was going back to America. I told them April 6th and that I would miss them when I go. Nhel said he would miss me too…that’s the first hit to the heart. Then, they asked me if I was coming back. I told them I don’t know and that I’m praying. Srey Leam’s response was, “I will pray for Brittani to come back!” (Of course in Khmer) …and that was the second hit. My heart just hurt…hurt thinking about leaving these wonderful children and people. I love them, I love Cambodia. But I know God is in control. He has those two kiddos in His hands, He has Cambodia in His hands, and He has my future in His hands. What a wonderful life…

No comments:

Post a Comment