Saturday, February 28, 2015

Week 20 IBS John 4:34


February 28th, 2015

John 4:34 “Jesus said to them, ‘My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work.”

            As I read this chapter this morning, above the lagoon in what would be our “backyard”, I was listening to “Your Glory” by All Sons and Daughters. The lyrics go as follows, “My life is Yours. My hope is in You only and my heart You hold, cuz You make this sinner holy…Cuz Your glory is so beautiful. I fall onto my knees in awe. And the heartbeat of my life is to worship in Your light, cuz Your glory is so beautiful.” That has literally been my anthem for this time. It has been a constant surrendering of self, a constant surrendering of my life, of my future, my family, and just everything. God has showed me certain things, for example the many verses of selling items I wrote about last week, but it ultimately comes back to God. I am here to do HIS will, not my own. I am here to do the work of Matthew 28:19 “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit”. And wherever He takes me, I desire to do just that and further His Kingdom.

            This verse specifically though, speaks a lot. Our physical bodies need food, but Jesus had other works to do in the time for His Father. The question is what is my priority? Who is first in my life? He is number one in my life. He is above all else. All I want to do is the will of my Lord. I know I’ve said that a lot in my previous posts, but it’s true. It has really been a daily surrendering of my desires and looking to His face. I know He will open or close doors and He will lead. I just need to ask for a constant outpouring of His Spirit and keep my eyes fixed upon Him.

Lord, it’s You above all else. Truly “my life is Yours and my hope is in You only…because YOUR glory is so beautiful”.

No comments:

Post a Comment