Monday, February 23, 2015

Week 19 IBS Luke 18:22, 19:8, 21:3-4 ~Sell All That You Have~


February 22nd, 2015

Luke 18:22 “So when Jesus heard these things, He said to him, ‘you still lack one thing. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.’”

Luke 19:8 “Then Zacchaeus stood and said to the Lord, ‘Look, Lord, I give half of my goods to the poor; and if I have taken anything from anyone by false accusation, I restore fourfold.’”

Luke 21:3-4 “So He said, ‘truly I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all; for all these out of their abundance have put in offerings for God, but she out of her poverty put in all the livelihood that she had.’”

            This was the theme for the week...sell all that you have, give to the poor, and give to God. Before reading the first verse, the night before I couldn’t sleep and all the items I have in my room back at home kept coming to mind. All the items that are still boxed up because my family moved right before I started IGNITE. All the items that I literally haven’t thought about the whole time being away until that night. Items that I clearly don’t need. Items that can break or get lost or eventually wither away. Items that essentially do not matter…items that I can sell.

As God has told me to just be satisfied in His presence and to continue giving Him my desires with open hands, knowing that His will is going to get accomplished, I don’t know what the future plans are for me. I am praying for specific things and I know God is going to guide me and make things clear in His perfect timing, but this is what He’s given me right now. I’m not sure exactly what that is going to look like, what is to happen, or even why God put that on my heart, but that’s the beauty of it all…God knows! My treasure lies in heaven, so those items mean nothing. My thought now though, is I’m away from it all, of course I don’t think it to be that difficult. But I know when I get home, it will be very hard, but when that time comes I need to look back at this.

Brittani, I’m writing this to your future-self, “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also” (Luke 12:34). Remember what God spoke to you this week in Cambodia. Remember that although it’s hard, it’s just items. This is taking a leap of faith and God will guide you from there. Remember to trust in Him and to stay out in faith as well. But right now, I’m going to continue in prayer and give all I got in this time. God has given me today, what a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment