Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Week 18 IBS Leviticus 22:29 & Luke 12:33-34


February 11th, 2015

 Leviticus 22:29 “And when you offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving to the Lord, offer it of your own free will.”

Luke 12:33-34 “Sell what you have and give alms; provide yourselves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens which does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

            Free will. I chose, Lord, I chose You. I want to offer all to You, God. Every ounce of myself is Yours. You gave me so much, it is the least I can do. Every day it is necessary to speak these words and to offer myself up to the Lord and with that comes a prayer for humility and an emptying of self. God, all I want is to do your will. I have these thoughts and ideas and desires for my next steps. But I always go back to what God showed me a few weeks ago, to give those things to Him with open hands and say, “here You are, Lord, let Your will be done. You will open or close doors. And You will reveal things to me in Your perfect timing. Thank You, God, that You are in control.”

            My heart is literally torn in two. I miss my family at home, but I can’t bear to think of April 6th, the day Kaylee and I leave. I don’t know what God is going to have for me next. I want to see my family, but I want to come back with my family here. All I know is it is in the Lord’s hands and my true joy is in Him. And that’s where the treasure comes in. I want all my strength to be serving Him, giving Him glory, and looking towards my true home, heaven. And ultimately it is Him that gives me that strength. Everything here is temporary, I have eternity with my King to look forward to! No matter where I am at here on earth, I know I will ALWAYS have God and I will have the joy of going to be with Him and the hope of the return of Jesus. So, regardless where He takes me, I know He will give me peace, and I have the bliss of my true home to look onward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment