Friday, January 30, 2015

Week 16 IBS Exodus 33:14 & 2 Timothy 2:13 ~Be Satisfied In His Presence~


January 31st, 2015

Exodus 33:14 “And He said, ‘My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.’”

2 Timothy 2:13 “If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.”

            This week has been one of the most profound weeks ever. At one point, I dedicated a time to pray for my future. And that could be an endless list of things. I just desired a word, a vision, something from God, but God revealed to me something else. These verses are quite different, yet God pieced them together.

One morning after spending time with Him and in His word, Exodus 33:14 stood out to me. “It is quite the comfort, but not any vision” was my thought. Getting ready for each day, Kaylee and I sit right by each other, so she looked at me without any pre-knowledge of what I’ve been praying for, and said, “God is going to have great plans for you, Brittani. Whatever they may be, they are going to be great. God just wanted me to tell you that.” I was just awestruck. In that moment, God spoke to me that He is my comfort. It’s like He was saying, “Brittani, it’s okay, I’ve got it, just look to me, be satisfied in My presence.” I was so wrapped up in the thought of wanting a vision, that I was missing just sitting in His presence right then. I was in a way, losing faith in Him because He hasn’t given me a vision yet. And that’s where 2 Timothy 2:13 comes in. He is still faithful, even when I am not…now that is a comfort, but no excuse for me to be faithless.

What peace God has flooded me with in this time. I don’t need any answer right now of what my steps after IGNITE will be, because He’s got it. I just desire His will to be done. He’s given me today, which His will is in today, may I take what He’s given me and run with it. Just being in His presence is enough for me. I need to seek Him out and trust that He’s got my future in His hands. And He does, He is above all, He is in control!

No comments:

Post a Comment