Thursday, January 1, 2015

Week 12 IBS- Galatians 5:1 and Matthew 6:33


Thursday January 1st, 2015

Galatians 5:1 “Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made is free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.”

Matthew 6:33 “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.”

            New Year’s Eve is always a fun celebration…all over the world. Here in Cambodia we had a party at the church and celebrated by playing games, sharing food, dancing, and worshipping. I seriously can’t get over the worship here, there are times when I love it so much more than in America. It’s so genuine. One song that they love to sing here is “I Am Free”. A song with the lyrics of “I am free to run (I am free to run). I am free to dance (I am free to dance). I am free to live for You (I am free to live for you). I am free…!” A song most of us know, a song that I don’t see people singing in America anymore. If I were to sing that song in America it would not be the same. Like I’ve mentioned before, the Khmer people like to dance and jump for the Lord, so seeing them genuinely worshipping our King and declaring that we are free is beautiful. And in the times we’ve sang it here I have overlooked the lyrics in the past. We are FREE, free to worship Him. Yes persecution may come, but we are free. Oh how blessed I am!

            But something that was even more beautiful last night was the countdown to the New Year. It was very peaceful and celebratory. Instead of cheering so loud right at the strike of twelve, we did something that I have never quite thought of before. They lit a big 2015 sign on fire and we all went into a time of lifting our prayers for the year of 2015 to our Lord. I was so convicted that I’ve never done that before. It’s God who allowed us to go into the New Year, we need to be starting the year with Him. It was so amazing! And after our prayers we cheered. Yes, it was five minutes after the New Year, but it was after we put God first! To start I was upset I had never done that before, but then I realized it’s in the past, I’ve given it to God and now I can start this year right with Him and for the years to come, Lord willing. My prayer is to wake up each day different than I was the day before, grown in the Lord.

Application: Prayer is always the main application, but today I will write refresh on my hand to remind myself to refresh myself in the Lord each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment