Thursday, January 15, 2015

Week 14 IBS Genesis 50:20


Friday January 16th, 2015

Genesis 50:20 “But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive.”

            The story of Joseph is a great one. It’s been coming up quite a bit these past few months just in the readings I’ve been doing and now actually reading the story itself in the Bible. What an ultimate example of forgiveness and hope. From a young age Joseph’s brothers didn’t like him and once they decided to sell him to the Ishmaelites, it was all downhill from there for him. Yet, Joseph held on to the dream God had given him. He held on to the promise. He trusted and clung to the Lord. And Joseph came out as the Prime Minister of Egypt.

In this time I’m not experiencing trials or hardship, but I am having to trust in the Lord. Starting the work here in Cambodia has been growing me a lot in patience and it is difficult, but God is faithful…BUT GOD. Those are the two words in this verse that stand out to me so much. So many things are happening around me that I don’t understand, “but God” is ultimately what it comes down to. Faith and trust in Him. He works all things together for good, as Romans 8:28 says, “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”

I may not be experiencing trials or hardship as I said, but I was able to share this verse to someone who I know is and asked me for prayer. It’s a perfect reminder of how sovereign, loving, and wonderful God is and how we should see every situation as a gift. I love how God does that; He spoke to me about this verse in a different way, but I was also able to use it to share with this person the reminder of hope and the good in all.

Application: I’m just in awe of how God works. Remember to cling on to the hope and know that God works all things together for good. I will memorize Genesis 50:20, so I can remind myself of the example of Joseph’s life and clinging on to the hope, knowing God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment