Friday, January 9, 2015

Week 13 IBS Matthew 17:20 ~Something Unexpected~


Wednesday January 7th, 2015

Matthew 17:20 “So Jesus said to them, ‘Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.”

            A few days ago I read Matthew 17 and this verse stuck out to me. It’s always an awesome verse but it was a good reminder to just keep the faith, even faith so tiny, nothing is impossible with God. The day before we were blessed to attend and greet the guests at our friends’ wedding, so the couple wanted to have a family dinner to come together and celebrate since the wedding had just occurred. So a bunch of the youth/young adults were down in the courtyard and I decided I wanted to talk to them, so I went downstairs. The whole walk over there I kept thinking how awkward it was going to be, simply because it’s always a bit awkward walking up to a group of people already talking…and not to mention the Khmer part. But I moved passed myself and kept walking towards them. When I got there, a beautiful young lady was sitting on one of the benches alone. It was a perfect opportunity to say hello and see how she’s been doing. It turned out she was in need of somebody to talk to. She ended up sharing things that have been troubling her and asking me questions. She basically poured her heart out to me and shared her feelings. God had given me such a beautiful opening to encourage this girl and to pray with her and to disciple her. I was able to share this verse of Matthew 17:20 with her and just reassure her that she needs to have faith and God will provide. She had said, “I think God allowed you to come over and talk to me right now.” And I said, “I think so too.” And I just smiled at her and gave her the biggest hug.

            That night I walked away so encouraged by the Lord. I had stepped down the stairs not expecting much to happen but for me to dilly-dally around and talk to my Khmer friends as best as possible, but God provided something much greater. The lesson I learned in that was always do things with full confidence. Never doubt because God is ALWAYS with me and He provides forms of ministries and ways for me to shine His light. Be expecting things to happen and God to be working.

No comments:

Post a Comment