Thursday, November 6, 2014

Week 4 IBS- Matthew 25:23


Monday November 3rd, 2014

Matthew 25:23 “His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’”

Kraing Tnong is a small village in the country of Cambodia, that isn’t even on the map, and I am living here…It still amazes me every time I think of that or look out my window and I don’t think it will ever stop amazing me. God is so incredible…for lack of a better word. Just last week a seven year old girl, named Srey Noit caught a glimpse of my bracelet. My bracelet tells the story of Jesus, from birth to His resurrection. Looking at the cross, Srey Noit points to it and tells me the word for cross in Khmer. Her doing that really brought a joy to my heart, so I said Jesus in Khmer and she nods her head and starts rambling on in Khmer. Only, it wasn’t rambling, it was the gospel! She was telling me about how Jesus died on the cross, was buried, three days later he rose, and is now in heaven. Not knowing the language, I didn’t know word for word what she was saying, but she had movements while saying it. She put her hands up like being hung on the cross, stomped her foot on the ground for being buried, and pointed to the sky for being in heaven. That moment was so exciting to me!

            Being the first team here in Cambodia, there’s a lot of work to be done, but building that up takes time. It has been a learning experience of waiting. Sometimes it feels like we haven’t done much work or ministry, but that is not thoughts of the Lord, because the case is otherwise. Daily, He brings forth some form of ministry or interaction with children and the people to build relationships. Things are slowly building, but God provides and it is all part of His plan. He brought forth this beautiful little girl that I’ve been getting to know, to tell me the gospel in Khmer. A small moment in time, turned into something huge!

Application: I need to DAILY place my trust in the Lord that His will is being accomplished. My prayer is to keep my eyes and heart open to the small things and to continue having experiences like this with the children and people. God makes the small things big, I need to be faithful in the small things, so God can provide the bigger things for me to be faithful in.

No comments:

Post a Comment