Thursday, November 6, 2014

Week 3 IBS- Proverbs 14:12


Thursday October 30, 2014

Proverbs 14:12 “There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.”

            It’s those books that always get me. I started reading Touching Godliness and Proverbs 14:12 came up and it really spoke to me. An opportunity may come up that may seem quite right to us, but in reality it is not a part of God’s plan and it can end in destruction if choosing that path. Seek wise counsel. God places leadership above us for a reason, so seeking wise counsel in those situations is important. God could place on their heart to tell you no and with following so, God will bless you immensely in other ways in the future. Just thinking about future things for a bit, I have no idea what is going to happen after INGNITE, but frankly, I’m not too worried. I have six months here in Cambodia and 3 more months after that with IGNITE. I know God will show me something, but I cannot allow myself to become blind to what He has because of selfish desires. There are things that I would like to do and I believe God places desire on our hearts for a reason, but it’s a matter of how and if that would orchestrate in God’s grand plan and will. I need to be totally and 100% sure of what I am doing is God’s will. I used to stress out a bit about this topic, because I felt like I never knew. But that’s where seeking God, being in His word, and stepping out in faith come in. Before doing so I just need to confirm with a godly leader and be in constant prayer. I need to see things the way He sees them, and think thoughts the way He does. Prayer. Praying is the key to all. We say it’s the only thing we can do, but it’s the very thing we can do, which is something that I’ve learned and am continuing to learn. I need to ask God for His wisdom, so I can know and see His plans over my own.

            Application: Just like I said, prayer. Praying is something I desire to grow in, so my application is to continually pray, but specifically for the His eyes and His wisdom, because I am living His will now. It’s a matter of seeing things with His eyes so I can carry it out and be the salt and light, be a vessel.

No comments:

Post a Comment