Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Psalm 111:10 IBS


Wednesday July 30th, 2014

Psalm 111:10 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; a good understanding have all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever.”

            Fear. The immediate thought that most people have is being scared or not wanting to face that said fear. When it states “fear of the Lord” it really means to place trust in Him and know that He is God and that I am not. In verse five of this chapter it talks about fearing Him. It says, “He has given food to those who fear Him; He will ever be mindful of His covenant.” I don’t think the Lord would provide for us if we were scared of Him, but if we placed our trust in Him, then He’s got it covered. I just simply need to place my faith in Him.

            Job 28:28 says, “And to man He said, ‘Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom, and to depart from evil is understanding.’” All of the Inductive Bible Studies for this week have tied in together, for me at least. God has just continually shown me something that I clearly need to grasp. I know all of these things, but doing IBS has brought a whole new perspective and understanding. God is good. Of course we have to ask for His wisdom, but we have to first fear the Lord. Placing our trust in Him is wise. He knows all and His plans are great.  Jeremiah 29:11 says, “’For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give hope and a future.’”

            With searching for His trust first, seeking His commandments is important. The Bible is our sword and our protection. We learn a lot from diving into His word. God can give us so much wisdom in and through His word. Studying the Bible is the main way God speaks to us. Psalm 19:8-9 says, “The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening to the eyes; the fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.” His word is so powerful.

Application: What I see the Lord showing me through this is seeking Him and His word. To remember to extend my time with Him I will write “trust using the sword” on my hand. I can be sure to extend my personal time in the word and pray to grow my trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment