Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Psalm 90:12 IBS


Tuesday July 29th, 2014

Psalm 90:12 “So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.”

            My life is just a snapshot in the files of the Lord. James 4:14-15 says, “Whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. Instead you ought to say, ‘If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.’” I do not know what will happen even in the next second. The fact of the matter is I need to live for Him 24/7. There is no break when it comes to living for the Lord, but it’s a joyous time. Even when I have “down time” and go watch T.V. (or as I did back at home), that is the Lord’s time.

I don’t even know if the people around me are angels. Hebrews 13:2 says, “Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.” The thought that continually comes to my mind upon reading this is to be constantly serving the Lord. I never know who God puts before me and I know I am placed at certain places for a reason, I would hate to miss an opportunity to minister to someone. For example, in Acts chapter 8, when an Angel of the Lord told Phillip to go along a road, he went, not only went, but ran. I just need to take each opportunity in my days on earth to serve Him and bring others to Him.

            The second part of this verse talks about gaining a heart of wisdom. In order to do that I need to be serving the Lord all the time. I believe in spending all my time with God I will gain His wisdom. In the previous Inductive Bible Study, James 3:13-17, I discovered that I need to seek out His wisdom and His ways. If I am consistently searching for what God has I can ultimately gain a heart of wisdom. I will learn new things daily and gain knowledge in Him.

Application: To remind myself that my days are numbered and that I need to do be constantly seeking Him, I will write on my hand “look up” with the pound sign by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment