Wednesday, August 5, 2015

“But I Trust in the Lord That I Myself Shall Also Come Shortly”

Friday June 12th, 2015

Then David and all Israel played music before God with all their might, with singing, on harps, on stringed instruments, on tambourines, on cymbals, and with trumpets.”  -1 Chronicles 13:8

“Now Hiram king of Tyre sent messengers to David, and cedar trees, with masons and carpenters, to build him a house. So David knew that the Lord had established him as king over Israel, for his kingdom was highly exalted for the sake of His people Israel.” -1 Chronicles 14:1-2

“Therefore I hope to send him at once, as soon as I see how it goes with me. But I trust in the Lord that I myself shall also come shortly.” –Philippians 2:23-24
         I am speechless right now. Worship, the very thing we can give God, because He is so worthy. Upon reading verse eight of 1 Chronicles 13, my mind flashed to April 1st, 2015, our last Bible class in Khrang Thnong. The children’s voices danced in my mind as they lifted up praises to their King in the Khmer language. “Kuh-me-in dee nah dile kinyom jaang tdoe. Kuh-me-in dee nah dile kinyom jaang tdoe. Kuh-me-in dee nah dile kinyom jaang tdoe. Krrow be kdeye srah line drohng, knong kdeye srah line drohng…” No place I’d rather be, than here in Your love…They were worshipping in such a genuine way and with all their hearts. Beautiful. 1 Chronicles 14 seemed to have a lot on confirmation. The Lord used King Hiram to send messengers to David and he knew he was to be king over Israel. David inquired of God later on and He spoke. The Lord always speaks, whether it be yes, no, or wait. Right now I’m in that grapple of a waiting period and the struggle is real. But it is for a reason, everything is for a reason. God is growing me in faith and trust and even so, through my faithlessness He is faithful (“If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.” -2 Timothy 2:13)! Wow. Yet, the Lord is speaking through this wait, even in those chapters I read today (“For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” –Hebrews 4:12). Which leads me to Philippians chapter two, which is a fantastic chapter all around, but what really got me was verse 24 (“But I trust in the Lord that I myself shall also come shortly.”). There’s a rockin’ team in Cambodia already. -Paul sent Timothy to Philippi. Now, I am no Paul, I am nothing, I am of no use to God, yet He desires to use me and I desire to follow His call (“Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: ‘Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?’ Then I said, ‘Here am I! Send me.’” –Isaiah 6:8)! Verses 24 in Philippians 2 leads me to believe I am to go back to Cambodia. As I read it, I was flooded with comfort…I in no way have the finances to go back, but I trust God. He will provide in His time. I need not worry. He is in control. It’s crazy how these three verses are so different, yet the Lord linked them together so nicely! He brought to memory a very intimate point while on the field (1 Chronicles 13:8). He led me to see an act of confirmation and seeking of the Lord (1 Chronicles 14:1-2). And He brought me to this statement in Philippians 2 that I believe, was entirely for me to hear… “But I trust in the Lord that I myself shall also come shortly.”
        Through this, I am learning to stay in the here and now. After all, I am not guaranteed tomorrow and as long as I am on this earth, I just desire to do His will (“whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. Instead you ought to say, ‘If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.’” –James 4:14-15). I am breathing because of Him. I am learning to also pray specifically. Praying in such a way, according to the will of God of course, leaves no room for me to possibly take credit/glory for what is the work of God. It is His work all along, but I don’t want any possible way for me to think I have a hand in anything. But even through my foolish prayers, which prayer is the very thing I can do…the Spirit intercedes for me and that blows my mind (“Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.” –Romans 8:26-27)!
So I know what the Lord has placed on my heart and I know what He has spoken thus far, but today… I don’t know the timing of my return to Cambodia, but I trust in Him and His perfect timing! Lord I believe, help my unbelief. In the meantime, I want to daily seek to follow as the Spirit leads.
 
What I just shared with you is something the Lord spoke to me almost two months ago. I waited to share, because I didn't think it was the right time to share. To this day, August 5th, 2015, I still do not know my return to Cambodia. But the Lord is guiding in my next steps, which I know will lead to Cambodia. I need a lot of growing before I return...in ways that I don't even know yet. I will be sharing soon on what has come about and the journey I am about to embark on...Stay tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment