Monday, May 25, 2015

An Ambassador for Christ


 “Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God.” -2 Corinthians 5:20

This world is a dark place and we are in a battle, but the war is already won, we are fighting through the victory not for it. It has been hard being home. I miss my class, I miss White Girls Yum Bye, and I long for Cambodia and the kids’ hugs and my family there. It is a constant feeling of pressure coming from all sides…like walls are closing in on me…like I’m walking against a strong wind or swimming upstream. It’s a fight for a breath of fresh air. But God’s word says, “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it” (Matthew 7:13-14). Things are going to be hard. This season is a hard one for me…but this verse, 2 Corinthians 5:20 came up in my devotions a few days ago and I couldn’t help but think ‘no wonder I’m uncomfortable, it’s because I’m not home’...and we aren’t called to be comfortable in this crazy life.
 
            The definition of an ambassador is an accredited diplomat sent by a country as its official representative to a foreign country or a person who acts as a representative or promoter of a specified activity. I am an ambassador for Christ. Let me say that again…an AMBASSADOR for CHRIST. I am a foreigner to this land. This land being this world; earth. My true home is with my King in heaven. Everywhere I go is a mission field and just another opportunity to point people to Jesus. Souls are getting lost every day without the knowledge of the one true Savior. I don’t know about you, but that hurts my heart. I have been blessed with the knowledge of my Savior, so now I must go forth and tell the world about Him. I am His representative, my life must scream Jesus. He desires a relationship with each one of us and it takes those to inform and you to decide if you want that relationship. “I have decided to follow Jesus. No turning back, no turning back.” I am wrecked for Jesus, but in the best way possible. This season of my life may be difficult, but I need to focus on those around me that need to know Jesus.

Jesus first, others second, myself last.

No comments:

Post a Comment