Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Seek First the Kingdom

October 6th, 2017

The Lord has always put something on my heart to give back to Him and trust that He will fulfill it - from coming back to Potter’s Field after the IGNITE Program (which I have been back for two years and a month and a half now!), going back to Cambodia, to going back to Guatemala. Each time, the Lord placed it on my heart, speaking in different ways, and He confirmed it in different ways.

Today I find myself not in that position as the season has changed…I have left Guatemala and am in Montana for IGNITE Class 12’s re-entry. That I know is right where the Lord wants me right now!
As I’ve been searching, seeking, and praying, the Lord has given me nothing to run with…I’ve been frustrated and confused. My heart is in two and I don’t really know the fullness of where the Lord wants me or what He really wants me to do.

But this He has given me and convicted me in: where is my focus and investment?



1 Kings 6:38-7:1 says, “And in the eleventh year, in the month of Bul, which is the eighth month, the house was finished in all its details and according to all its plans. So he was seven years in building it. But Solomon took thirteen years to build his own house; so he finished all his house.”

Seven years for the Lord vs thirteen years for Solomon’s own home. So much investment in praying for what is going to happen to ME vs investing, seeking, and getting to know the Lord more.

Haggai 1:9 says, “You looked for much, but indeed it came to little; and when you brought it home, I blew it away. Why?’ says the Lord of hosts. ‘Because of My house that is in ruins, while every one of you runs to his own house.”

The Lord showed me the lack I had of simply getting to know Him. He may not be speaking to me in ways like He has before or given me a “certain promise”, but He has been speaking to me to just draw closer to Him and to hold fast to the promises of HIS WORD. “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.” –Matthew 6:33

"The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore." -Psalm 121:8

No comments:

Post a Comment