Sunday, April 24, 2016

Rejoice in This Divine Romance

“’I will betroth you to Me forever; yes, I will betroth you to Me in righteousness and justice, in lovingkindness and mercy; I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness, and you shall know the Lord.” -Hosea 2:19-20

Almost two years ago during my training in IGNITE, we had to make blogs to share our IBS’s on, and I called my blog “Rejoice in this Divine Romance”, the very blog you are reading off of today. At that time, I really just picked that title because I liked that Phil Wickham song and I knew the Lord loved me, but the depth and reality of this specific love, this divine romance, hasn’t sunk in until now…
It was Wednesday April 20th, 2016, the day before I left to return to Guatemala. Whitefish locals and Potter’s Field staff were attending church service at Selah Fellowship. Before the service began, the congregation was lifting up their voices to the King. “Here I am to worship, here I am to bow down, here I am to say that You’re my God…”. “You’re a good, good Father…”. It was all a picture of pointing it back to Him; lost in His presence.

Pastor Steve Miller went into teaching in John chapter one. Everything points back to Christ. “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.” -John 1:14 We should celebrate this life, this eternity that Christ has given us. Everything points back to Christ.
The service was closed with a time of Communion. “…do this in remembrance of Me.’” (Luke 22:19) Everything points back to Christ. While everyone had a time to reflect, remember, and surrender, the worship team was singing “Carried to the Table”. Some of the lyrics sing, “Summoned by the King, into the Master’s courts. Lifted by the Savior and cradled in His arms. I was carried to the table, seated where I don’t belong. Carried to the table, swept away by His love.” In the midst of praying and listening, I had a picture of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, lifting up my chin, taking my hand, and dancing with me…

I wasn’t sure why the Lord gave me this image, but it was intimate. A few days later when I read Hosea chapter two, I understood. The Lord has betrothed me to Him. God gives me the most sacred and firm security imaginable and loves me, protects me, and provides for me in a much deeper way than I can ever fully comprehend. He has bound me to Him, I am His beloved. I need to view Him the same way, as my Beloved…

So, “for You I sing, I dance. Rejoice in this divine romance…”


Photo Credit: Emily Czadrick-Spicer
Photo of: Sara Halstead

No comments:

Post a Comment