Monday, September 14, 2015

For He Cares For You


Home Sweet Home

“Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.” -1 Peter 5:6-7

I sit here looking out three small windows in the corner of this beautiful house I get to live in for the next three months. Cars drive by, kids are walking to school, and Selah Fellowship and the Potter’s Field office is across the street. It’s day six, I bought groceries for the first time for myself on day one, and I’m working in an office (I’m not about that office life, it’s not something I enjoy or feel is my calling). All things I knew before I came, but I still don’t like it. I don’t like drastic change, unless it’s to my hair (and that’s only sometimes). I’m selfish. I’m wicked. I’m prideful. And right now I’m not so happy. I will say I am happy to see my family up here and I’m happy to serve, actually I’m beyond happy, I’m ecstatic to be able to help where the need is and learn about PFM, but I miss Colorado, the people there, and my life there…in other words comfort. Guess what, Britt, you’re not called to be comfortable! Funny…I knew that before I left, yet in the midst of it, it’s hard…I’m letting my flesh win.
Missing the comforts of “home” and being anxious for the new is not trusting in the Lord and His purposes. There is a season for everything. Yes, I’m sad, I miss people, but I have nothing to fear. All these people here are like family, they care and are right here with me. And the best part is, God cares and knows exactly what I need to grow in. He is and should always be my comfort. Everything I’ve heard and read in God’s word these past few days have been exactly what I needed to hear. And God’s past faithfulness requires my present trust. I will rejoice in the shadow of His wings. I also know that I need to be humbled. A lot of us tend to forget verse six in 1 Peter chapter five and just look at verse seven (me being one of them), when both are one sentence, it is a continued thought. I must humble myself before the Lord, surrendering my burdens and well, everything to Him, and in turn He will exalt me in due time. This, now, is the humbling stage, the trying stage, am I going to lay myself down, submit to the Lord, and remember and trust in Him and His ways? I desire and see the Lord guiding me in being in a leadership position in Cambodia, but that can’t happen until I learn and am humbled. He will exalt me in due time.

I am reminded of my last ROOTS (young adults) meeting at Calvary Castle Rock going over Romans 5. Verses three and four read, “And not only that, but we glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope.” It is so incredible when the Lord gives you something, right when you need it, because He is always on time. This season is going to be and already is trying. Am I going to humble myself, persevere, rejoice, and remember Christ through all of it? Despite the hardship, I’m thankful I’m not called to be comfortable.


Praying over Christa with Izzy, who was in Cambodia with me, Pastor Michael Rozell, Pastor Steve
Venable, and Pastor Steve Miller. Christa is overseeing the end time of the interns in Cambodia,
while Anna is on furlough for a few weeks. The fact that I was here for this, is incredible.
Photo Credit: Potter's Field Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment