Sunday, December 22, 2019

A Passport Miracle


Wednesday December 18th, 2019

7:35am - Arrival at the Colorado Passport Agency

Six people were already there waiting when I stepped out of the elevator, but I didn't care, I was prepared to wait the whole day to get my passport renewed if I needed to. Shortly after I arrived, the guard told us the doors would be opening soon and to form a line along the wall in order of when we stepped off the elevator. The doors opened at 8am, which was my "scheduled" appointment. The scheduling is just to be able to get in, but the time ultimately doesn't matter because you have to wait in line to go through security, wait in line to get a number, and finally wait for you number to be called. Many more people trickled in after me before the doors were even open.

8:00am - The Doors Open

The guard begins letting people in one at a time to begin going through security. I go through the doors pretty quickly, eager to get a number and expectant in the Lord. I walk up to the window, show my paperwork, and the kind lady gives me a number. I proceed to sit down and one minute later, my number was called. The employee collects my paperwork and old passport and I pay the fee. She tells me, "the soonest I can have this ready is Friday December 20th at 2:00pm!" Overwhelmed with the Lord's goodness, I tell her, "okay, great, " and I find out all I have to do is come back to pick it up in two days...

8:10am - Down 6 Floors and Out by the Car

By 8:10am, I was back in the car, just in awe. I backed out of the parking space and began driving back home. As I was driving, I was listening to "Way Maker" and "Your Will, Your Way," as tears began to roll down my cheeks. God just worked a miracle! God. Is. Good. God. Is. Faithful. I am so underserving, but so loved by Him. And I just love my Father.

Friday December 20th, 2019

2:00pm - Arrival at the Colorado Passport Agency

I hopped on the elevator just so excited to pick up my new passport. I went through security quickly, waited in line behind a couple of people, and walked up to the window. The employee took my ticket and came back with my old passport and fresh one ready to use for travel!

2:15pm - Down 6 Floors and Out by the Car

Just like that I had my renewed passport! I made sure I applied for the one with more pages this time, so I won't end up the same problem of running out of visa pages before my passport even expires. I just sang in the car to the Lord all the way home.

"You've been faithful through every storm. You'll be faithful forevermore. You have done great things. And I know You will do it again, for Your promise is 'Yes and Amen.' You will do great things. God, You do great things..." - Great Things by Phil Wickham

Thank you to all who have been praying for me! God is good. God really made a way, worked a miracle, and is keeping His promise again. Cambodia here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment