Friday, September 27, 2019

One Year



It was a year ago the other night that I landed back in Cambodia. God’s promises are yes and amen (2 Corinthians 1:20 (២ កូរិនថូស ១ : ២០)) I wish I could put into words how amazing God is and the love that He has for me (and for you if you are reading this.) One of my favorite questions to ask people when I interview them about something is, “if you could describe (fill in the blank) in one word, what would it be and why?” So, if I could describe this past year in one word, what would it be and why? It would be easy for me to pick a word like, “love,” “faithful,” “promises,” or “sweet,” because of God’s promises, love, and faithfulness or the sweet family I have here, but I would describe this past year as “learn.”

Although I will always be learning my whole life and I look forward to soaking up more of God’s word, learning about Him more, and how I can grow as a person, I have learned so much this past year that I believe will take me deeper into God’s calling for my life and my walk with Him. I have been learning both spiritual and practical things; what it is to be a leader, to be bold, to speak gently, to slow down, to fear the Lord and not man, how to budget, listening to and speaking the Khmer language, and so much more.

Over this season there have been some trials, but it’s in those valleys that the mountains come forth and honestly where the most growth occurs. God has taken me deeper and shown me the importance of walking with eyes only for Him, to glorify Him, and to not look to the left or right, but to press on toward the upward call. “Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; but we will remember the name of the Lord our God.” -Psalm 20:7 “No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier.”
-2 Timothy 2:4

This has been the longest I’ve been away from the US in one consecutive time and I haven’t been back in Colorado since June 2018. In the past, I would have a hard time leaving Cambodia because I just didn’t want to leave. I still don’t want to leave because I love my family here and this country so much, but this time it’s not going to be as hard; I know how much I will need this season coming up. I am really looking forward to seeing my family, resting, being able to process things, and see people I haven’t seen in a while. The enemy is definitely trying to attack with fear of not being able to come back. God has taken me through seasons of leaving often, but has brought me back every time (២ កូរិនថូស ១ : ២០); He is faithful, so I will not let Satan in! I’m eager to be rejuvenated and refreshed to come back to Cambodia soon and start a new season. See you shortly family and Colorado! See you later Cambodia!

No comments:

Post a Comment