Thursday, July 14, 2016

Breaking Point


Snap. What about rest…my gas tank is basically on E. Snap. I acted upon myself and what I needed... While Pastor Michael was here at the beginning of the week, he threw a pot on the wheel for the interns of IGNITE Class 11 and at the end, as he does at every presentation, he threw the pot in the garbage. That wrecked me. Something of such value to him, he tossed it in order to put the focus onto Jesus and off himself. I should do the same with the very things I hold onto, the calling, the things of value…I haven’t been rejoicing when others rejoice. So much pride and selfishness I have…

Running on my own strength, lost in this selfish pride, hearing these convictions, but only feeling freedom as the Lord led me to share my downfall and struggles with the group during devotions this morning. Breaking point… because my tank really was on E. As the devotion time closed and as one of my teammates came to pray with me, God put Isaiah 58 on my heart. So I went out, alone, to read and sit in the Lord’s presence, desperate for revival. Verse six of Isaiah 58 reads, “Is this not the fast that I have chosen: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, to let the oppressed go free, and that you break every yoke?” And the rest of the chapter was exactly what I needed to hear, along with a few other sections of scriptures that people pointed me to.

Specifically Psalm 63:3-5, “Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness, and my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips.” And Psalm 69:15-16, “Let not the floodwater overflow me, nor let the deep swallow me up; and let not the pit shut its mouth on me. Hear me, O Lord, for Your lovingkindness is good; turn to me according to the multitude of Your tender mercies.”

Shortly that wonderful time with the Lord reviving me, I was given a very encouraging note from one of the IGNITE Class 11 girls in my room. And more verses were shared with me from another teammate in Proverbs 28:13-14, “He who covers his sins will not prosper, but whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy. Happy is the man who is always reverent, but he who hardens his heart will fall into calamity."

Openness brings forth grace and a softened heart…I am so blessed and loved, not only by the Lord, but by those around me. I am set free. Jesus be the center of my life

"The LORD will guide you continually and satisfy your soul in
drought, and strengthen your bones; you shall be like a watered
garden, and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail."
-Isaiah 58:11

No comments:

Post a Comment