Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Hebrews 6:12 IBS


Friday August 8th, 2014

Hebrews 6:12 “that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.”

            Sluggish. That is such a cool word! Sluuuugish. When you think about the meaning of it though, it’s not so cool. What are slugs like? Super slow. Lazy. It’s like when you’re watching T.V. and you sit down before getting the remote and you realize that it’s so far away so you just don’t get it. Or when you’re chillin’ on your bed and you want to get something off your desk or dresser, so instead of standing up you reach as far as possible only leaving your feet still on the bed. You are basically doing this acrobatic act to grab something that could’ve been done more efficiently if you hadn’t been lazy.

            The fact of the matter is, God may place things in your path that you have to run to achieve, to reach your goal…well God’s goal for you. Imagine if you were running the race, jumping over hurtles and feeling good and then you just get tired and decide not to finish. In the moment you might think that’s the right choice, but in the long run (haha long RUN), you’re missing out on a shiny trophy. God’s got great plans. What’s the theme…perseverance! We have to keep going, even through the hard times. We may not see a shiny trophy in that moment, but the perfect reminder is the ultimate shiny trophy…heaven.

            I tend to get tired…a lot here. I feel burnt out and my mindset starts to be not so good. It’s not that I don’t do the work it’s that I start complaining about it. I don’t want to have a sluggish mindset and complain about the work, because I know this is for my benefit and my relationship with the Lord. I want to reach that shiny trophy and grow closer to God along the way, I just have to remember to persevere. Press on! I plan on running the race, do you?

Application: To remember to NOT complain and to keep running the race, I will write complain with an X through it on my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment